Five Star Crew launched a brand new website on Dec 18, 2015, after over 5 years of hosting a simple job board! And our new Hire Crew segment allows you to hire straight from our database - newly launched in October, 2016!
We are not a Crew Agency! Please do not send resumes to Five Star Crew. We are an online Job Board connection for Captains/Heads of Departments/Agencies and Crew for the Luxury Super Yacht industry! We do not put candidates forward, rather, we leave the application process up to you!
Five Star Crew provides 3 services:
1) ONLINE JOB BOARD – Crew are invited to register, then to follow directions in each job post to apply for a particular job. Post a job for no charge! Just click on Post a Job and follow along! Captains/HODs/Agencies are invited to post any Super Yacht Crew position, or related Estate or land-based position, free of charge. PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR RESUME TO FIVE STAR CREW! We provide the platform; apply directly to the hiring party!
2) COMMUNITY NEWS – short articles with helpful, relevant information designed to cut through social media clutter. Want to announce an event? Post up some relevant information? We invite you to participate by submitting an Article!
3) SEARCHABLE CREW DATABASE – New and now live! We designed an intensive crew registration system to be searchable. We are not trying to compete with Crew Agencies, but we will point you to a qualified candidate very quickly. The rest will be up to you :)
Job Post Rules:
* Job-seeking advertisements will be deleted and will get your profile deleted. Posts must be for hiring crew, please.
* Jobs posted must be PAYING industry standard wages for such roles.
* Super Yachts are considered to be Sailing and Motor Yachts with a LOA of over 70 feet, in our books. In other words, we will list positions for those yachts 70 feet and above. Close to 70’ may also be accepted.
* Cruise or commercial ship positions (other than commercially-registered Luxury Super Yacht) are not permitted.
* Positions asking for a specific look (i.e. a 'thin' stewardess) or a certain race (nationality is OK as this is within legal requirements for some flag states) are NOT permitted. Jobs with intentions other than highly-professional yacht crew work are also NOT permitted. Five Star Crew tries hard to remain an equal-opportunity site on which to post/apply and we moderate the job board several times a day.
Five Star Crew Details:
- The Jobs/Category pages are updated daily with Super Yacht Job posts from all over the world. Some days/seasons are busier than others so be sure to check back daily for new positions! They go fast! Job posts remain on the site for 15 days.
- Jobs come directly from re-posts from Social Media, from Crew Agents posting through their companies and from a Captain or Head of Department or from Yacht Owners, themselves.
- Only applicants with STCW Basic Safety Training, ENG1 seafarer medical certificates and a resume are invited to register. These are our minimum requirements.
Five Star Crew Background:
- Created in 2010, Five Star Crew was designed to give hiring parties an easy place to post positions and to find Crew for Super Yachts.
- We launched new Android and iPhone Apps to allow you to apply with the click of a button. Like a job? Registered in our system? Clicking Apply will send your resume and a brief cover letter to the hiring party.
- Five Star Crew is incorporated as Five Star Atlantic, Inc. as a national corporation in Canada.
Five Star Crew was created by Karen Murray, a Canadian jr. yacht engineer and now Chief Stewardess who is still working in the industry. Karen has a Bachelor of Business Degree from the University of Prince Edward Island, a Master's Certificate in Executive Coaching from Royal Roads University, a Corporate and Retail Finance background and an interest in Engineering. She grew up sailing and racing on Prince Edward Island (including Canada Games on Laser IIs) and has raced around North America and in Germany (including Kieler Woche on a J80). With a background in welding, her grandfather owned and operated a shipyard and ocean-cruising sailboat in Nova Scotia, giving her a great start on and around boating. Other interests include Alpine Snowboarding (raced GS, PGS, SL and BX at the International level on the Canadian Development Team) and Downhill Mountain Biking where she raced at the inter-Provincial level and was often seen running women's groups in Calgary, Alberta.