It's Leap Year! Today only exists once every four years! To some, this year's leap year only means they didn't get paid this past Friday but today, instead...! To others, this is an interesting (if not exciting?!) phenomenon that happens today!
Here is some Leap Year Trivia you can use to impress your friends on board:
1) What is a year called that is not a leap year?
2) What is February 29th called, on the day of?
3) Leap year is based on which Ancient Calendar?
4) What is the Leap Cycle, in years?
5) In which year, on February 29th, did Hugh Hefner open his first Playboy Club?
6) What do you call a person born on February 29th?
7) Why do we have Leap Year?
8) Which town proudly calls itself the 'Leap Year Capital of the World'?
Some cool facts! Did you know?
- US Presidential elections and Summer Olympic Games are both held every four years and occur in the Leap Year.
- If you ever had issues remember which months have 30 days and which have 31, try this on for size! The first 3 lines have always worked for me:
Thirty days hath September,
April, June and November;
All the rest have thirty-one
Save February, she alone
Hath eight days and a score
Til leap year gives her one day more.
1) A common year
2) Leap day!
3) The Gregorian calendar (named for Pope Gregory XIII, who introduced it in October 1582. This is also the current standard calendar in the world!)
4) Every 400 years, we need a correction to be in sync.
6) A 'leapling' or a 'leaper'
7) To keep the calendar year in sync with the astrological or seasonal year.
8) The town of Anthony, Texas, USA, organizes a leap year festival. It proudly calls itself the leap year capital of the world and leap year “babies”, or leaplings, around the world come to its parade.